Today's drive solutions require powerful and flexible instruments. The new motor starter Christian P-4.0 from TELE is designed for motors up to 4.0kW @ 400V, and includes 5 functions in one compact unit, requiring only 22,5mm width. This intelligent instrument offers a soft start, soft stop, forward/reverse, overload protection and an integrated 3 ph motor contactor.
Offering integrated motor protection, the use of an external MCB is obsolete. A simple circuit breaker protects the installation against short circuit and faulty wiring. The soft start and stop function is performed by reliable semiconductors (thyristors) and the reversing function by an internal relay. After performing the start process, the semiconductors are bypassed by integrated relays to minimize power dissipation. The intelligent combination of semiconductors and relays increases the lifetime and efficiency of the unit significantly. The overall combination of the above-mentioned features protects motors, shafts, and industrial plants from mechanical stress and reduces maintenance and standstill times.
Your advantages at a glance
- Up to 5 functions in one instrument:
- Soft start, soft stop, motor thermal protection,
- 3 ph motor isolation contactor, Forward/Reverse
Minimized space consumption, only 22.5mm width
Only line protection is necessary, no motor circuit breaker needed
- Robust semiconductors with 1500V max. isolation voltage
- Increased system availability by the motor protection function
- Increased lifetime by hybrid design compared to traditional contactor-relay solutions
- Energy saving by bump less soft start/stop function
Please contact Vepac Electronics should you require further assistance.